The clothes that suits you best will depend on your body shape. Nowadays, the choice of clothes is so varied that there's something that fits everyone no matter what color, proportion, scale, height or body shape they are.
When it comes to looking beautiful, it's not always your size or shape that matters, it's the perfect fit of your clothes. Wear the right clothes and don't blindly follow the latest fashion trends and you are bound to stand out. Choose what actually suits you and what makes you feel comfortable and beautiful.
Embed The Style Guide For Body Shapes Infographic on Your Site: Click here to Copy and Paste the Code Below
General Fashion Rules For Your Body Type:
- Layer On your bottom half to make your hips look fuller.
- Keep anything that adds volume to your lower half and wear tops that do not have too many embellishments and work.
- Straight lines and cuts will be a natural extension to your body line.
- Create an illusion of a waist with accessories like a wider belt.
- Create an illusion of curves around the hips, bust and waist.
- Use heavy layering to shorten your long top half.
- Wear tops that accentuate your svelte figure.
- Emphasize the shoulders with unfitted loose jackets, highlight the hips and bottom by using pockets and pleats.
- Avoid detailing around the bust, tummy and hips. Keep details more on hip area and lower part.
- Keep the clothing line straight to slightly fitted, but the fabric should be soft in order to avoid unnecessary bulk around the bosom, waist and tummy.
- The shoulders require proper attention so that only your best features are highlighted.
- The silhouette should be fitted under the bust as well as below the arms and along the waist.
- Balance your top half with the lower half of the body by wearing clothes that help make your shoulders look broad.
- The jackets and tops should finish above or below the widest point of your hips or the bottom.
- Balance your top with the fuller bottom half. Layering the top half creates visual interest which helps to draw the eye upwards.
- Wear patterns, color to add volume on your top half so that the hips and thighs seem narrower.
- Wear fitted clothes around the waist and always accentuate the waistline.
- Add broadness to your shoulders with shoulder pads, puffed sleeves, boleros or cap sleeve t-shirts.